Our client, a Top 50 AM Law Firm, is seeking to hire a Help Desk Manager in their DC office. The role will report to the Director of Support Services and will supervise a team of 15+ people working in a 24x7 environment.
- Works with the recruitment team to identify staffing needs and participates in the hiring process of new staff within the service desk team.
- Manage the development and implementation of service desk operations and support services in DC, working with the Director of Support Services to ensure an efficient transition of any incidents between teams.
- Working with the global teams to ensure any VIP related incidents are continually updated, actioned upon and handled efficiently and to the highest standard.
- With an emphasis on customer service, maintain a high level of support for all users, paying particular attention to the needs and requirements of the firms numerous VIPs ensuring they are fully supported by the IT function.
- Use innovation and technology to help solve problems and improve the performance of the department, contribute to global initiatives and help to manage those initiatives within DC.
- Manage leave and annual reviews of DC service desk staff.
- Manage vendors and their contracts as required to help resolve issues and ensure service delivery goals and deadlines are met.
- Responsible for ensuring end user IT products and services are delivered on time, working with various departments within IT to ensure that their deployments are well met and understood.
- Provide transparency and reports of IT service issues to Director and where required IT leaders in DC.
- Collaborate with Director of Support Services, global teams and other IT Departments where required to deliver a secure, evolving and reliable IT experience for all users.
- Previous law firm experience required
- Professional qualification and educated to a degree level
- At least 5 years' experience with demonstrable skills as a manager in a service desk of similar size
- At least 7 years' experience providing direct support to customers, preferably in the legal environment
- At least 7 years' experience in configuring, installing and maintaining PC operating systems and related hardware devices;
- At least 7 years' experience in supporting handheld devices and associated software and devices;
- Demonstrable knowledge of various telecoms and video conferencing equipment is essential
- Proven experience managing staff of various skillsets
- Proven experience managing vendors