Our client, a Top 100 AM Law Firm based in New York, is seeking a Sr. Conflicts Analyst or a Staff Attorney to join the Business Intake & Conflicts team in their London Office.
Position summary: The business intake and conflicts function is essential to the firm’s (1) compliance with (a) ethical obligations prevailing in jurisdictions in which the firm maintains offices and in which it practices and (b) the firm’s Risk Management policies and procedures, (2) avoidance of malpractice claims and ethical violations, and (3) ability to onboard new business, in the form of new clients and new matters for existing clients, new timekeepers and new employees in a timely fashion.
Working closely with the Director of Business Intake and Conflicts, this individual will be responsible for assuring compliance with firm polices and procedures and assisting and managing other loss prevention functions. This individual will perform practical processes to ensure compliance with those procedures. A strict adherence to maintaining professionalism and confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
* Analyze and resolve conflicts of interest related to new business and new hires
* Effectively work with Managers, Directors, Conflict Analysts and firm attorneys to obtain the relevant information to make determinations on conflict issues
* Draft and review ethical screens, conflict waivers and risk management engagement letter provisions
* Review and analyze client-imposed engagement letters and outside counsel guidelines to which the firm is asked to agree by clients and prospective clients
* Conduct research projects as assigned relating to conflicts of interest issues
* Conduct advanced level research projects on corporate affiliations and corporate relatedness
Skills and experience:
* 2+ years of conflicts resolution experience or 1+ year as a practicing attorney, preferably with a large law firm
* Bachelor's Degree required, JD, helpful to have
* Legal ethics and conflicts experience
* Familiarity with Intapp Conflicts and Intapp Walls a plus.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
* Ability to work well in a team environment and with diverse groups across all of the firm’s offices
* Well organized and efficient
* Commitment to consistently high-quality work product