Our client, a prominent Intellectual Property law firm with over 1,000 attorneys, is seeking a Financial Systems Analyst to join the Information Technology team and help support Firm-wide operations. This position is responsible for maintenance and support of the Firm’s financial system, Aderant, and associated systems, as well as support and maintenance of the Firm’s SQL database environments. The Financial Systems Analyst uses broad knowledge of IT disciplines, including client-server, security and database infrastructure, to support various firm financial and enterprise systems. The Financial Systems Analyst is part of the Information Technology Department, reporting to the Senior Technology Manager.
The salary range for the position of Financial Systems Analyst is $100,000 to $120,000 annually. The successful candidate’s salary for this position is reasonably expected to be set within this range. However, actual compensation will depend on a variety of factors, including, without limitation, the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Assist with technical support and implementation projects for Aderant Expert and other integrated financial systems, including SSRS reports, Budgeting, Expert Billing and Collections, Time Entry, Paperless Pre-Bills and Generic Importer.
- Provide support for the finance team, administrative staff and external vendors on issues relating to the financial applications, including Aderant Expert, Pre-bills, and Time Entry.
- Provide technical support for the firm’s clustered SQL environments and develop SQL queries.
- Provide technical support for the firm’s Handshake, IntApp, BigSquare, and viDesktop environments, and perform as liaison between firm stakeholders and vendors to implement change requests.
- Help maintain user and matter security within Aderant Expert.
- Ability to develop and troubleshoot stored procedures.
- Identify areas for improvement within the Firm’s financial applications and independently propose and execute improvement solutions.
- Customize forms and build inquiries / reports using Aderant Expert customization tools.
- Work closely with Information Technology team members to provide database support for non-financial applications.
- Maintain detailed records documenting procedures and assumptions, methodologies and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
- Work to ensure quality professional product, as well as timely delivery of all work.
- Promote effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (Information Systems, Computer Science) is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience supporting legal and/or financial software platforms (Aderant, Elite 3E, Handshake, IntApp Open, IntApp Wallbuilder, viDesktop, Chrome River, Sage Fixed Assets).
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting scripts using, VB.NET, Powershell, SQL.
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience creating and troubleshooting MS SQL queries.
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience troubleshooting Windows hosted applications utilizing client/server and MS SQL databases.
- Familiarity with workflow engines within Sharepoint Online and/or IntApp Integrate.
- Familiar with MSSQL, MSDTC, AAG, SQL security best practices.
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the Firm, including effective oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, systems, practices, controls and procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Ability to work independently to research, analyze and troubleshoot complex problems and solutions.
- Maintain flexibility with respect to assigned tasks due to changing deadlines, changing deliverables, changing priorities, projects and maintenance scheduled for off-peak hours.
- Excellent organizational skills, effective time-management, ability to handle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment and excellent analytical skills.
The successful candidate must be proactive, customer service oriented, energetic and reliable. As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.