The Project Manager position requires project management, client relationship management and internal or regional resource management skills. The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of assigned projects, which includes coordination with regional PM teams, scoping project requirements, coordinates projects’ workflow and processes across all functional departments and region as necessary.
The PM also coordinates communication between clients and internal resources and sets expectations and provides regular projects updates to clients as required. Coordinating all internal and regional resources on the project, the PM also performs project engineering work as necessary such as data conversion and extraction for reformatting, settings of tools/software to achieve desired output/requirements of our clients and troubleshooting technology issues. The PM may also perform project management for document reviews, including providing case background and review platform training for contract attorneys.
Ability to operate in a high pressure constantly changing work environment and expectations, including availability to respond off-hours and weekends, are essential to this role. Technical knowledge and experience in using ESI technology is integral to performing the duties of this job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage client discovery projects through all elements of the discovery cycle
- Manage client expectations by preparing Statement(s) of Work to confirm project specifications meet client expectations.
- Coordinate and sync with cross-regional Project Managers to keep everyone in the loop on case matters.
- Advise clients on best methods for discovery and review.
- Control client contact information and maintain primary relationships with clients.
- Facilitate client support for questions related to projects and technology, including case handling, procedures, database modifications, search and foldering, and any other client requests.
- Develop criteria for project scoping and consult with clients on project scoping.
- Carry out document review Process Driven Approach and Best Practices.
- Monitor assigned cross-border accounts/projects, ensuring deadlines are on track.
- Escalate project or client issues to Director or senior PM to promptly resolve.
- Provide case background and review platform training for contract attorneys.
- Provide daily and weekly metrics updates to PM management team and client as necessary.
- Draft final project reports including review summary and processes utilized.
- Enter all PM hours accurately and timely in the company’s prescribed tracking system.
- Automator Process and other eDiscovery tools, i.e., Relativity, Concordance FYI
- Perform additional tasks as required of the role.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to attend in-person meetings at the Los Angeles offices as required.
- Ability to commute to the Los Angeles offices 3 days per week.
Must have at least 3 years of experience in a project management role in eDiscovery or law industry.
- BA in business or related discipline
- PMP certification in preferred
- Proven proficiency and knowledge of hosting and review eDiscovery platforms and other technology as required and provide training and support to clients as required.
- Proven ability to manage and direct process flows, customer interaction and time management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with all departments to ensure specifications are communicated properly and deadlines are understood and met.
- Ability to work off hours when necessary to resolve project or client issues
- Ability to travel to and from various company offices or client sites when necessary or required by management or client
- Ability to provide excellent internal and external Customer Service
- Strong problem-solving skills, with excellent attention to details
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal with strong presentation skills
- Always maintain a composed and professional demeanor
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 3 years
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA 90017: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- eDiscovery: 3 years (Required)
- PMP (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Los Angeles, CA 90017